A consultation with Dr. Murphy leaves patients fully knowledgeable about their options. Schedule your consultation today to start on the road to facial rejuvenation.
Full and luscious lips are a universal sign of health, youth and beauty. If your lips are thinning with age or you simply weren’t born with this covetable feature, facial plastic surgeon Dr. Mark Murphy can create them for you – sculpting the voluminous lips you want with one of the best lip augmentation West Palm Beach has to offer.
What is Lip Augmentation?
Lip augmentation is an enhancing treatment that creates full, smooth, more symmetrical and beautifully-shaped lips. Lip augmentation can be performed using fillers, a lip lift, or fat transfer.
During a lip filler treatment, the lips are enhanced with temporary injections that last for about six months and achieve smooth, full, shapely lips.
Lip augmentation with a lip lift is a surgical procedure that lifts the upper lip toward the nose, unfurling the red of the upper lip and creating a larger, more youthful and shapely appearance.
During fat transfer, unwanted fat is removed from an area of the body, then purified before it is injected carefully into the lips to achieve full, supple volume.
The full and luscious lips you deserve
Dr. Murphy performs his lip augmentations with one primary goal in mind: to create voluminous lips that look extremely natural – never artificial or overdone. As such, he will approach your procedure with his signature artistic eye, sculpting beautiful lips that better fit in with your other facial features. As with all of his procedures, Dr. Murphy won’t attempt to redefine your face or drastically alter your appearance with your lip augmentation. Rather, he’ll strive to subtly enhance your innate attractiveness by creating luscious lips that look naturally full and supple.
When to consider lip augmentation
Lip augmentation is about more than simply enhancing your lips – it can also create a younger and more beautiful overall appearance. In general, we recommend considering this procedure if you:
- Were born with thin lips
- Are self-conscious about your lips
- Possess lips that disappear when you smile
- Have lost some of your natural volume due to the aging process
- Believe that fuller lips will restore balance and harmony to your face
Lip Augmentation Before & AftersView Gallery »
An overview of lip augmentations
Your West Palm Beach lip augmentation will be completely customized based on your unique anatomy, needs and goals. To begin, you’ll have a private consultation with Dr. Murphy, so that he can evaluate your lips and assess how they relate to your other facial features. During this meeting, he will talk to you about what you hope to accomplish from this procedure and the results you can expect to achieve. From there, he’ll review the lip augmentation options that are available to you, which include:
- Fillers. Temporary lip injections are very popular among Dr. Murphy’s patients in West Palm Beach, FL. The procedure involves using fillers, such as Restylane and Juvederm, to sculpt full and natural-looking lips that you can be proud of – without incisions or downtime. However, they are temporary, so you’ll need repeat treatments to preserve your new look.
- Fat transfer. A fat transfer is another popular way to enhance the lips. It involves removing unwanted fat from another area of your body and re-injecting it into your lips to create a full and voluminous mouth. For many of our patients, it’s the ideal all-natural alternative to dermal fillers.
- Lip lift. This is a terrific surgical option for patients in West Palm Beach and surrounding areas who have thin lips and a long space in between the bottom of the nose and the upper lip. It involves elevating the upper lip and the corners of your mouth to create a more youthful and pleasant expression.
Who is a good candidate for lip injections?
Patients who have experienced age-related depletion in their lip volume as well as an increase in vertical lip lines may be excellent candidates for lip fillers, as are those who have naturally thin, deflated lips due to genetics. Many patients wish to enhance their look but don’t have time for invasive plastic surgery. Lip injections are an ideal way to quickly and painlessly augment the smile without downtime so they can return to their busy, active lifestyles right away. As with any cosmetic procedure, it’s important that patients have realistic and positive attitudes towards their results.
Are lip injections safe?
Because most lip fillers are made with biocompatible hyaluronic acid, a compound found naturally in the human body, lip injections are well-tolerated and do not pose the threat of complications. The most important factor when it comes to safety is the skill, experience, and training of the person who administers the lip injections. Our practitioners are properly credentialed and possess the artistry, attention to detail, and precision to provide you with a successful and elegant final result.
How much does a lip augmentation cost?
Lip augmentation costs vary based on the patient’s unique goals and needs and what the procedure includes. The cost for lip injections depends on which type of filler you use and how much of the filler you require to get your perfect, plump look. For a fat transfer lip augmentation, the cost depends on the amount of fat harvested and the extent of the procedure required to achieve your ultimate vision for your lips. The cost of a lip lift depends largely on the type of lip lift you are receiving.
Recovery time after your lip augmentation
Depending on which lip augmentation procedure you chose, the recovery time varies.
- Fillers. After your lip injections in Jupiter FL, your lips may be swollen or tender. Avoid massaging your lips afterward, and don’t drink alcohol for a few days after your procedure, as it can contribute to bruising. Your lips will feel back to normal in a couple of days, but other than the above, you are free to return to your usual life and activities as soon as your treatment is complete.
- Fat transfer. Recovery from a lip augmentation with fat transfer includes the healing of both the lips and the area fat was harvested from. Bruising and swelling will last between a week or two, but most patients can return to work within a few days, and continue with their usual activities within the week. fillers.
- Lip lift. You will experience some pain or discomfort for the first three days after your lip lift. Over the next week, there will be a moderate amount of swelling. You can use cool packs to help reduce the swelling. Most people return to work after about seven days of downtime. You can expect the incision to be red or swollen for about ten days afterward, and you might have some bruising around your mouth.
Schedule a Consultation Today >>
We invite you to schedule a consultation at our Palm Beach Gardens office today, and let esteemed facial plastic surgeon, Mark R. Murphy, M.D., help you create the enhanced appearance you deserve.
Please take a moment to rate your experience
with our team.