We invite you to schedule a consultation at our Palm Beach Gardens office today, and let esteemed facial plastic surgeon, Mark R. Murphy, M.D., help you create the enhanced appearance you deserve.Contact Us
BOTOX is an injectable with an active ingredient that limits facial muscle motion to smooth lines and wrinkles. As an injectable filler, BOTOX is one of the most popular of all anti-aging treatments – but did you know it is also used for a wide array of health conditions?
For facial rejuvenation, the smoothing effect of BOTOX fades over time and requires maintenance injections about every three to four months. The results, when BOTOX is injected correctly, are remarkable. The correct approach is conservative in how much of the product is injected. Never choose a “cut-rate” BOTOX provider – you put yourself at risk of achieving an uneven or frozen look, rather than a refreshed, more youthful look, with brow creases, frown lines, and crows’ feet smoothed.
What is BOTOX best known for?
BOTOX is best known as an anti-aging treatment, although it is used for many other purposes in the medical field. In the field of aesthetics, BOTOX is commonly used to treat the following facial flaws:
- Deep-set forehead creases
- Crow’s feet
- Dynamic wrinkles (those caused by constant facial motion)
- Smoker’s lines
What can BOTOX do?
While most people consider BOTOX to be a cosmetic treatment, this product has many other important uses that improve quality of life. These include:
- Chronic migraines: Those who suffer from chronic migraines can achieve a significant degree of relief with BOTOX injections every twelve weeks and avoid the constant use of pain medications.
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis): When the sweat glands are overactive, a significant improvement can be achieved with BOTOX injections for hands, underarms, feet, head, or face, with an 80 percent reduction.
- Bell’s palsy: BOTOX injections have been found to be an aid to recovery for this temporary facial paralysis.
- Eyelid spasms: The constant flutter of eyelids can be addressed and treated with BOTOX. It blocks the nerve communication with muscles, reducing the occurrence of eyelid spasms.
- Overactive bladder: Those who suffer from overactive bladder have achieved real relief with BOTOX injections to reduce the bladder contractions leading to constant need to urinate.
How long does BOTOX last?
BOTOX injections don’t last forever and require retreatment in about three to six months. As BOTOX begins to safely dissolve into the body, its effects on muscles and nerves begins to dissolve. Wrinkles, lines, muscular spasms, will reappear as the BOTOX wears off. Those who rely on BOTOX as an anti-aging treatment or to treat a health condition will need to continue to get treatments over time, but they are well worth it in improving appearance, or quality of life.
How much BOTOX will I need?
BOTOX is sold in units, and the number of units needed will vary. Your condition, whether aesthetic or health, will be assessed, and a custom quote for treatment presented to you following a private consultation. Generally, BOTOX treatments are one of the most affordable and effective of the anti-aging treatments available worldwide and are often used in conjunction with a comprehensive anti-aging treatment plan that may include other aesthetic treatments, such as dermal fillers, laser treatments, skin tightening procedures, or surgical correction.
Meet with us.
We invite you to discover the premier facial enhancement center in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgery, where you can trust in the skills of double board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Murphy, one of the most accomplished facial plastic surgeons practicing in Florida.