Rhinoplasty is the surgical enhancement to reshape nose structure. Through subtle manipulations of the tissues of your nose, humps can be smoothed, over-large, hanging, or bulbous nose tips are reshaped, or wide or long nostrils restructured to enhance your entire facial appearance.
Should I get nose surgery?
A rhinoplasty in Jupiter, FL is customized to your exact specifications. Whether you are male or female, rhinoplasty can help you create a nose that is in balance with your other features, with flaws removed. The goal is always to be as minimally invasive as possible to produce the desired results. Dr. Murphy can resolve functional breathing issues in the same surgery. Some of the benefits of this procedure include:
- Smoothed hump on nasal bridge
- Resolve a crooked nose
- Large nostrils can be reduced in size
- Bulbous nasal tips are reshaped
- The nose can be made to appear longer
- A flat nose can have the bridge built up for more facial definition
- Free breathing restored
- Injured noses can be reconstructed to restore their appearance and functionality
Do you feel self-conscious about your nose?
Feeling self-conscious about your nose is not rare. You may want to change the length or width of your nose, or to alter its some aspect you feel is unattractive, either subtly or dramatically. In some cases, the nose structure has been damaged due to trauma, requiring reconstruction both for aesthetic and functional purposes. Rhinoplasty is considered one of the most difficult of all facial surgeries, with decades of technological advancement to produce results that are far superior, when performed by double board-certified facial plastic surgeon Dr. Mark R. Murphy. Widely regarded as being among the most talented nose surgeons, Dr. Murphy employs the most advanced techniques to achieve consistently beautiful results.
Restore easy breathing in the same surgery.
Dr. Murphy specializes in facial plastic surgery in Jupiter FL, including the delicate anatomy of the nose. As a reconstructive surgeon he can not only enhance the appearance of your nose but improve breathing function. If you are having trouble with a deviated septum, Dr. Murphy can help you get back to an easier life by opening up your nasal airways, reducing irritation and blockage in the nose. Sleep can be improved, and breathing issues resolved by correcting nasal conditions such as a deviated septum.
Open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty: What’s the difference?
- Open rhinoplasty: An open rhinoplasty is the method used by Dr. Murphy to gain greater access to the structures and tissues of the nose. This approach uses a very small incision across the base of the column between the nostrils (columella) for extreme precision when manipulating bone, tissues, and cartilage.
- Closed Rhinoplasty: A closed rhinoplasty requires only incisions made within the nasal cavities for subtle changes to nose structure. These incisions leave no visible scars due to their location within the nose. Dr. Murphy will suggest which surgical technique will be required to achieve the changes you envision for your nose.
Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty in Jupiter, FL?
If you feel unhappy about the appearance of your nose, or you have always wanted to alter some aspect of your nose, you are likely a candidate for rhinoplasty in Vero Beach FL. If you have had an accident which led to injury of your nose, then Dr. Murphy can perform reconstructive surgery to restore appearance and function. Ideal candidates:
- Are unhappy with the appearance of your nose
- Have a hump on the bridge
- Have a flat nose bridge
- Have a bulbous or hanging nose tip
- Your nose tip appears pinched
- You feel your nostrils are too wide or too long
- Are in good health, both physically and emotionally
- You understand the procedure and what to expect in recovery
- You are a non-smoker or are willing to stop smoking for a period of time leading up to surgery
- Can stop taking blood thinning medications or supplements for a period prior to your surgery
How do I prepare for a rhinoplasty procedure?
Preparation for a rhinoplasty in Stuart FL starts with a consultation with Dr. Murphy where you will discuss any lifestyle changes that need to occur leading up to the surgery. Other ways to prepare include:
- Making sure that you have someone to drive you home after the surgery
- Having someone to help you out with chores and basic tasks at home for the first couple of days
- Arrange time off of work so that you can focus on healing for about one week
- Organizing childcare or other assistance for your initial recovery
- Ensure all prescriptions are filled prior to surgery
- Arrange your home so that all you need is within easy reach
- You will need to arrange your bed, as you will need to sleep with your head elevated
What should I expect during the recovery period?
Expect to have a splint over your nose for the first seven days after your Jupiter rhinoplasty procedure. Expect the recovery period to take six weeks, during which time the incisions will heal, and your nose will have settled into its new shape. You should expect to take up to two weeks off of work to avoid stress and potential harm to your nose while it is in a delicate condition.
Avoid bending over or physical activities can be performed, including exercise. Gentle walks are the best form of exercise, aiding in increasing circulation, beneficial for healing. You cannot blow your nose and avoid sneezing. Carefully follow all post-operative care instructions provided by Dr. Murphy.
When will I see the results from the procedure?
You will be able to partial results as soon as the bandages are removed. Full results tend to develop over time as the swelling and bruising fully subside. You can expect most of the healing to be complete after six weeks, although it may take over six months or longer for your nose to have completed settled into its new shape.
Why choose Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgery?
Dr. Mark R. Murphy is a double board-certified facial plastic surgeon with a reputation for excellence in rhinoplasty surgery. He and his hand-selected staff are warm, compassionate and dedicated to providing the best possible service and care to their patients in Palm Beach and the surrounding communities. Choosing Dr. Murphy for rhinoplasty in Jupiter FL means that you will be treated by a highly-skilled, trusted facial plastic surgeon. Schedule a consultation today to discover how Dr. Murphy can help you live life with greater confidence with a custom nose reshaping surgery.
We invite you to schedule a consultation at our Palm Beach Gardens office today, and let esteemed facial plastic surgeon, Mark R. Murphy, M.D., help you create the enhanced appearance you deserve.